1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PhD or EdD distance learning whilst working

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by alexwjtom, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have been trying to find out about doing a Phd or EdD and I can't find anything on a distance learning option. I would assume there is not one.

I have read about part time routes but does anyone know how they work?

I do live in the Midlands so there are plenty of universities around me that offer educational doctorates and PhD's.

Thanks

2. Hi,

I have been trying to find out about doing a Phd or EdD and I can't find anything on a distance learning option. I would assume there is not one.

I have read about part time routes but does anyone know how they work?

I do live in the Midlands so there are plenty of universities around me that offer educational doctorates and PhD's.

Thanks

3. I would also be interested in doing a PhD/EdD in MFL Pedagogy part-time after my MA, and I would want to carry on working. I think they probably take about 7 years part-time, as, full time, a doctorate takes about 3-4 years.