1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phased return to work...

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Marshall, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Good luck Diggory and I'll think of you! x

digoryvenn and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

All fingers and toes are crossed for you...

And for Marshall...keep going and enjoy your new found freedom to be 'energised'. ('Energised' is a polite word for 'stroppy and argumentative' isn't it? ;))

Marshall, digoryvenn and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  3. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Not sure but I have an inkling that they are going to try to make me go in July rather than December. Union involved again. Will know more soon.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes, make the union work for you Marshall. And don't let the School try and push you around, but ensure you leave on your own terms.

I know you're happy to be going now, but I still think you've been treated shabbily.

Marshall and digoryvenn like this.
  5. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Agreed, Lara. If they want you to go earlier make sure you are financially close to where you would be in December.

Marshall, digoryvenn and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

That is just shocking! I hope the union can sort it.

Marshall and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  7. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Best of luck to DV and Marshall, stand your ground.

digoryvenn, Marshall and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  8. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

DV - go for it and good luck!!! xxx

9. digoryvenn

Thank you!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  10. caterpillartobutterfly

11. digoryvenn

I am afraid not; I wasn't successful.

So I now give up. I won't be applying for any more posts. I can't take any more humiliation.

12. Lara mfl 05

So sorry and I can understand that feeling oh so well. :(

13. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

So sorry, diggory. You deserved some good fortune. I agree that the longer it goes on the harder it is for you. The only positive is they haven’t discounted you completely or you wouldn’t get an interview.

14. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

So sorry diggory. I totally understand why I you are giving up. Onwards and upwards. He obviously wasn't listening yesterday when I prayed for you!

15. Lara mfl 05

Perhaps he just has other plans in mind. What is that phrase 'His ways ae higher than our ways'. f that School turned out to be unsupportive digoryvenn may just have avoided a nasty experience. It was a small school and as you yourself know small schools come with their own problems. :(

16. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Lara - I thought that as I was typing it! Who knows what He has in mind for us?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  17. caterpillartobutterfly

Don't see it as humiliation...how is it that?
    You are a great person and a great head, who just hasn't yet applied to the right school for them.

digoryvenn, Marshall and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  18. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

It's their problem not yours. Time to move on - just like I am.xx

19. Lara mfl 05

Have you given any thought as to what that might be Marshall? I was just thinking it may help you focus on 'bad' days to think about future possibilities- even if you never carry out on the ideas.

20. digoryvenn

Thank you everyone for your kindness. The last two years have been so difficult.
    God must have other plans for me! I wonder when they will be revealed to me!

It is a humiliation because they always appoint the 'first time head' candidate.

The school on Friday had many problems including appalling behaviour and very poor results AND due an imminent visit from Ofsted so it will definitely be given RI. I feel sorry for the appointed candidate as they are very inexperienced with a lot of challenges ahead. They were an internal candidate working for the trust already.

I will be moving at the weekend so I won't be posting so often as I don't know when I will have Internet access.
    I am at rock bottom now and can't see the way forward.

Take care of yourself Marshall. I wish you all the strength to get through the difficult days and months ahead.

Good luck and take care everyone!

Marshall and Lara mfl 05 like this.