1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phased Return to Work - advice needed pls

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by LawCitizenshipPHSE, Jan 2, 2019.

1. LawCitizenshipPHSE

LawCitizenshipPHSE New commenter

Originally "LawAndBusinessTeacher

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  2. LawCitizenshipPHSE

Oh damn I forgot to ask my physiotherapist about the weightless pose. Will speak to her next week.

On a seperate note... I have decided to look for a job locally to reduce my journey to work which often takes 1-1.5 hours rather than 30 minutes due to traffic at peak times. Sitting in my car for such long periods of time isn't good for my back, especially since my recent injuries.

I want to make my HT aware that I am applying for jobs asap and that they will very soon be contacted for a reference. This is my first teaching post so I am unsure of how to do this.

What do you think of the below? Any advice appreciated.

Dear...

I hope you are well.

Given the nature of this email, I would have preferred to have spoken to you about this in person, however, I am not due back at work until next week and wanted to make you aware as soon as possible.

The purpose of my email is toinform you that I am applying for teaching positions at local schools, ideally to commence in September 2019.

Making this decision has been very difficult, as I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at ******** thus far. Working at xxxxxxx has been apositive experience and one for which I am grateful. The school has always provided me with opportunities to develop my experience and expertise, from joining as an NQT and being given the opportunity to become HOD, both **** and yourself have always supported me through my career.

My main reason for this decision is to shorten my commute to and from work due to the recent injuries to my back and leg.

I have provided your details on the application form as my referee and wanted to make you aware of this as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me.

Regards,

ATfan likes this.
  3. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Looks ok to me! :) Sorry for my delayed response! My latest back flare up just went on and on apart from when I posted to you on Sunday. It only started to calm down again yesterday. How have you been?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Looks reasonable to me though I have some thoughts about altering a couple of sentences to request politely, rather than informing / telling them, which may get their backs up.

Initially I was going to post on here, but thinking as this is a public forum I'll write the ideas in a'message' so look in your inbox'.

ATfan and LawCitizenshipPHSE like this.
  5. LawCitizenshipPHSE

I've just sent you a reply

ATfan and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. LawCitizenshipPHSE

Oh
    Oh no. Hope u feel better soon.

I'm okay as long as I don't do anything that will strain my muscles even more.

ATfan and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  7. LawCitizenshipPHSE

Sent you PM

ATfan likes this.
  8. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Thanks! :) Still ok so far! :) Glad that this is true for you. A tip from my AT Teacher: If you have more stuff to do, rest semi supine asap. This will release any tension! I did this a LOT last week which did help. :)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.