1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

phased return question

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by mazpaz, Feb 15, 2016.

1. mazpaz

mazpaz Occasional commenter

Does anyone know if when you are on a phased return you are technically still regarded as absent so in terms of the absence policies your days still count towards heading for stage 2 of absence management?

It's so hard to find legal info!!
    Paz

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Mine didn't. I was counted as back full time from the first day of my return.
    However, it might be a school specific thing.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It should be counted as full-time (or the equivalent part-time if you are a part-timer) and be paid as such.

Best wishes

4. mazpaz

So does the phased return days whether in or not count as the days accruing towards absence? As stage 2 of absence management kicks in after a set number of days you are absent for.... if that makes sense.
    Paz

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No.

Not days accruing towards absence.

Best wishes

6. mazpaz

That's what I thought but in a letter they said if I'm not completely fit by the end of my phased return they will move onto stage 2. So can they do that? If not what do I do?
    Paz