1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phased return after maternity???? Is it an Option????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by murphy76, Jan 23, 2011.

1. I have been off on maternity leave since June 2010, due to go back in May. PT is financially possible but would be hard, so I will probably have to go back FT. I have a meeting with my head next week and want to request a phased return from May, to ease me back in. (A year off is a long time in education!!!)
    Has anyone else requested and completed a phased return successfully?? Any tips on what to say when I meet head.
    Many Thanks Xx

2. I have been off on maternity leave since June 2010, due to go back in May. PT is financially possible but would be hard, so I will probably have to go back FT. I have a meeting with my head next week and want to request a phased return from May, to ease me back in. (A year off is a long time in education!!!)
    Has anyone else requested and completed a phased return successfully?? Any tips on what to say when I meet head.
    Many Thanks Xx

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I don't know about a phased return, but have you thought about doing your Keeping In Touch days? You're entitled to do 10 of them. Maybe do a couple a week for the 5 weeks leading up to your return?

4. I am going to do exactly what Chica suggests- 2 days a week prior to returning for two weeks in July.