1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phased retirement - tracking application on TP website

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by fariduddin, Apr 10, 2019.

1. fariduddin

fariduddin New commenter

I am due to start phased retirement from 23rd Apr and continue with my current employer at 0.7fte. TP website was showing progress with application then suddenly this has disappeared and I am labelled as 'retired' and not eligible for in service death benefit.
    Can anyone shed light on the procedure?

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Hi fairduddin, I'm sorry I can't help you - just wanted to offer sympathy (and empathise) with this ridiculously complicated process! I'm an HLTA with long service and decided some time ago to start phased retirement in September 2019. My pension is with LGPS. Luckily, I started the process in January this year and it is at last slowly moving forwards. When we return after the summer holidays, I will be working three days a week and drawing pension for the other two - can't wait. Your date is much closer - best of luck and enjoy!

3. fariduddin

fariduddin New commenter

I called TP and was told the application has been processed and figures being checked. This is why I cant see it. They will send me the info once its checked.
    Hope yours goes through smoothly. I have joined a ladies cricket team and got tickets for cricket world cup match on a school day! Really looking forward to it.