1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phased retirement temp change of hours

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by fariduddin, Feb 3, 2019.

1. fariduddin

fariduddin New commenter

I have applied for reduction in hours via flexible working application and plan to offset loss of pay through a phased retirement plan from TPS.
    My school are indicating they might consider a temp reduction of hours for one year.
    Question is would this affect my phased retirement application?

On the TP website it states that reduction in hours must be at for at least 12 months. So I am thinking I will be ok. However if my school want me to return to full time after one year, does that impact on my pension payments from TPS.

2. Brianthedog

Brianthedog Occasional commenter

Yes.
    You could, however, take your full ARB pension, and see if the school will Then reemploy you on a different contract. Then you can earn as much as you want.
    How old are you?

3. fariduddin

fariduddin New commenter

4. fariduddin

fariduddin New commenter

I am a HT in my 3rd HT role and getting burned out. Governors have now approved a temp 12 month reduction in hours, down to 0.7fte. Will be losing out a little by drawing 25% of my pension which will be actuarilly reduced but no point in getting frazzled and health going down...