1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phase six letters and sounds

Discussion in 'Primary' started by NBird4, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hi all
    I am an NQT in a year 2 class. I am about to start phase six of letters and sounds and I am really stuck as to how to deliver it to my children. The letters and sounds document I find confusing in the later phases and I was wondering If anyone could shed some light on this area or direct me to any planning/resources that are available.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Thank you

2. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

I'd suggest downloading (try google) the Support for Spelling guidance. This picks up from end of Phase 5 Letters and Sounds and can be used instead of Phase 6 - I normally skip the first unit as this is really recap of Phase 5 and instead do a fortnightly session all through the year on alternative spellings / pronunications.
    The organisation for sessions in Support for Spelling is different to the 4 steps session in L&S so its worth reading the guidance in first sections before looking at the Y2 units.

3. louiseelsiet

louiseelsiet New commenter

"The organisation for sessions in Support for Spelling is different to the 4 steps session in L&S so its worth reading the guidance in first sections before looking at the Y2 units."
    Where would I be able to find the Support for Spelling documentation please? I would be interested in looking at this.
    Thanks in advance!

4. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter