1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phase leader redundancy: should I be expected to continue to do duties

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Marshmarlow, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Marshmarlow

Marshmarlow New commenter

School is at the end of a restructure and my phase leader (tlr) has been made redundant. Due to tlr protection for 3 years my head teacher is expecting me (and others) to continue some of their duties. I am very confused as my phase leader role is redundant and replaced by assistant heads so how can there be a need to continue duties if the role is redundant? It is only due to tlr payment but that’s not the head’s choice. Not sure where I stand when they request certain duties to continue if my role is redundant. Any help or advice please. Thank you

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well when our LA was undergoing restructure people who'd previously had responsibility and were being paid tlr protected pay were expected to take on other duties involving responsibilities.
    To be fair if you're being paid for 'responsibility and enhanced duties, it's only fair you contribute and will help your career progression for when you move on to have different responsibilities.

However much depends on your individual school, so just wait and see.