1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phase Leader Advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon1814, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am going to be starting a new job as the 3/4 phase leader in September and I was wondering what the main priorities are in that Phase range?
    I am in a large 3-form Primary school where there is also an assistant headteacher assigned to KS2. I guess I need to sit down with the AH and talk about this but does anyone out there have any advice or if you are a Phase leader what are the priorites for that age range?
    I have already decided to focus on looking at data and finding out about the children. I also want to look more closely at the transition between KS1 and KS2. I a thinking about looking at the assessment strategies and ofcourse getting to know the staff and procedures. I am not sure what else?
    Thanks. :)

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Monitoring teaching and learning.

Performance management at our school is done by phase leaders.

Supporting staff with behaviour management.

Actually supporting staff anyway...shoulder to cry on, listening ear, encouragement and sharing in success.

All those would be my priorities if I was in your position.

3. Thank you.

Anyone else a Phase Leader?

4. Sharing planning would be another consideration. I am currently in a similar school and we don't share ANY planning and it's such a waste of time and energy. We are all doing our own thing. Phase leader checks our planning every week and makes comments when she thinks it inadequate but life would be SO much easier if we just shared.