1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phase 5 phonics letters and sounds.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rki95, Feb 26, 2020.

1. rki95

rki95 New commenter

Dear all,

I have an interview in year one with twenty children. The lesson is a phase 5 phonics session, lasting twenty mins, there is access to a laptop and IWB. The school uses letters and sounds, I know I should use the revisit/review, teach, practice, apply structure.

Please can anyone offer any lesson ideas or plans please. I don't want it to be boring but I don't want to over complicate it. How do I do the revisit, shall I just have a slide with each sound on and flick through? Or make some flashcards to hold up?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

How would you usually teach a phonics lesson? You may not have followed Letters and Sounds before, but basically you can adapt what you'd usually do to fit the structure the school are asking to see. Don't try to do something new, as it is unlikely to show you off to the best of your ability on the day. Instead, do something that you're confident with.