1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phase 5 L&S Games

Discussion in 'Primary' started by misssunshine84, May 1, 2011.

1. Hi there

I have an interview this week where I have to teach 15mins Phase 5 Letters and sounds. I am currently Y2 teacher so am pretty familiar with the ins and outs of phase 5. I use the Phonics play website a lot with my current class and I love all the TES iboard phonics resources.
    Just really want it to be a wow 15 mins, so thought i'd ask if anyone has any different ideas/games of phase 5 activities they use that work really well that the children love. As it's so easy to fall into using the same things over and over and get into a bit of a rut, particluarly if it's things the children like, but any suggestions of new things please I'd be very grateful
    Thanks for any replies [​IMG]

2. jojoincharge

jojoincharge New commenter

15 mins isn't long to show how much you can really do, so the best of luck to you!!!
    the Devon literacy team have a wide range of games and interactive phonics things for you to access free - here is the phonics page link for you http://www.devonldp.org/v.asp?level2id=391&level3=1303&rootid=17&level2=391&depth=3&folderid=1303
    I would say the most important thing for your interview wouldn't be about the izzy whizzy games you use, but more about how the children learn their phonics; sometimes the games get in the way of the learning - fingers crossed for you!
    Jojo