1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phase 1 rhyming soup song???

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by GemsEYFS, Nov 17, 2010.

1. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Can anyone tell me how the rhyming soup goes for phase 1 L+S?
    I remember singing it a few years ago but i can not remember it! Thank you ;-)

2. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Can anyone tell me how the rhyming soup goes for phase 1 L+S?
    I remember singing it a few years ago but i can not remember it! Thank you ;-)

3. http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/83120?uc=force_uj

<font face="HelveticaNeueLT-Medium" size="4" color="#1a171b"></font><font face="HelveticaNeueLT-Medium" size="4" color="#1a171b"><font face="HelveticaNeueLT-Medium" size="4" color="#1a171b">Rhyming soup
    </font></font><font face="HelveticaNeueLT-Light" size="3" color="#1a171b">Ask a small group to sit in a circle so they can see a selection of rhyming objects (e.g.
    rat, hat, cat) placed on the floor. Use a bowl and spoon as props to act out the song.
    Invite the children, in turn, to choose an object to put into the soup and place it in the
    bowl. After each turn, stir the soup and sing the following song to recite the growing list of
    things that end up in the soup.
    Sing the first part of the song to the tune of &lsquo;Pop Goes the Weasel&rsquo;:
    </font><font face="HelveticaNeueLT-LightItalic" size="3" color="#1a171b">I&rsquo;m making lots of silly soup
    I&rsquo;m making soup that&rsquo;s silly
    I&rsquo;m going to cook it in the fridge
    To make it nice and chilly
    In goes&hellip; a fox&hellip; a box&hellip; some socks&hellip;
    </font>

<font face="HelveticaNeueLT-Medium" size="4" color="#1a171b">Silly soup
    </font><font face="HelveticaNeueLT-Light" size="3" color="#1a171b">Provide the children with a selection of items with names that begin with the same sound.
    Show them how you can make some &lsquo;silly soup&rsquo; by putting &lsquo;ingredients&rsquo; (e.g. a banana,
    bumble bee and bug) into a pan in the role-play area.
    Allow the children to play and concoct their own recipes. Play alongside them without
    influencing their choices. Commentate and congratulate the children on their silly recipes.
    Recite each child&rsquo;s list of chosen ingredients. Make the pattern clear by emphasising the
    initial sound. By observing mouth movements draw the children&rsquo;s attention to the way we
    start each word and form sounds.
    </font>

4. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Excellent, Thank you!