1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Phase 1 phonics activities outdoors

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by helssparkle17, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Does anybody have any good ideas of how to enhance phase 1 phonics outside at all?? Suggestions would be fantastic thanks.

2. Does anybody have any good ideas of how to enhance phase 1 phonics outside at all?? Suggestions would be fantastic thanks.

3. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

I have music area in the outdoors. chimes, hanging pans, large wooden planks, etc witha variety of beaters including sticks, spoons, spades. Children explore the different sounds that they hear and experiment with loud/quiet. All links with environmental sounds from P1 L&S.
    I normally teach one day in side for letters and sounds and the next day do a similar activity but outdoors as the echoes etc completely change the sounds that we are making or listening for and the children get a differnt experience. It also allows them to think of resons why the sounds might be different as an extension.

4. If you leave your address I will send you a good resource!

5. Sazzle22

Sazzle22 New commenter

6. OK Sent!

7. Hi magmac, you have just sent me your idea's for the writing area which is great. Please could you send me this resources too? Thanks. k_aldis@hotmail.co.uk

8. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

9. OK Sent!

10. Hi, could I have a copy to please (miriamfellows@yahoo.co.uk). Have just your writing one and its fab! Thank you for spending the time making and sharing it.
    Thanks again x

11. OK Sent!

12. They would be a great help if you would'nt mind sending again please.
    ericaguk@yahoo.com

Much appreciated!

13. Hiya,
    I'm a PGCE Student and would love a copy of your resource please?
    Thanks
    L
    laurapie5@hotmail.com

14. I would love a copy too if possible!

Thankyou! Helen
    Helen_fahey@hotmail.com

15. I would love a copy too if possible!

Thankyou! Helen
    Helen_fahey@hotmail.com

Ps. Also so your post about writing resources, also looks great, any chance of that too? Thank you!

16. Hi Magnac,
    I wonder if you can send me the resources and ideas regarding the mark making/writing area....and any other things that would be useful to me.
    saty_mann@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance!