1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGGE Interview

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by chitech, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I have PGCE (Science with Physics) interview with London Metropolitan University on Friday. Could anyone please help me with tips of what is expected on the writing task and group discusion?

2. susiejay

susiejay Administrator

Don't know specific to London Met, but at mine (Sussex) our writing task was to discuss one of two given topics, each to do with science education. The one I ended up writing about was something like "How do you think the STEM initiative can be utilised effectively by schools to increase uptake of science at higher levels of education and increase the UK's collection of scientists" or something. Be aware that whatever you write in this section you will be asked questions on in your individual interview.

For the group task we watched some video of challenging classes, and were asked to focus on particular children and how we might go about including them in our lessons, what we thought their specific needs might be.. then present our findings to the rest of the interviewees.

Good Luck!