1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGDE Secondary interview

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by CL2011, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have my PGDE English interview at Moray House in 10 days and I'm wondering if anyone could shed any light as to what kind of questions will be asked and what the written task may entail. I'm using the LTS website, are there any other helpful sites? I'm from Canada so any insight as to what's being taught in English right now would be very much appreciated!
    Also, are "Balanced Literacy", equity and diversity/mutliculturalism hot topics in education over there?

Thanks!

2. Good Afternoon CL,

Firstly, Congratulations for getting to interview. I'm going to be doing the PGDE in History at Moray House this year.

I would advise reading up on the implementation of the Curriculum for Excellence and how English as a subject will be delivered through this. It might also be worth looking at the SQA website to look at how qualifications are structured. I really wouldn't worry too much as they will be well aware that you are coming from a Canadian educational experience.

I hope this helps and good luck at interview.

L.

3. Thank you very much for the advice L. The CfE and SQA sites are very helpful. Having said that, it's reassuring to know I won't be expected to know the Scottish education system inside out. I hope you enjoy the course!
    Thanks again! C