1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGDE Primary interview

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by CHAZZA88, Dec 3, 2015.

1. CHAZZA88

CHAZZA88 New commenter

Hi i have an interview on the 14th December for the PGDE Primary at UWS Hamilton (Interview is in Ayr). I am so excited to have been chosen for an interview but i am a little nervous about what to expect at this.

* What type of qs do they ask
    * What should I read up on
    * Are there any tests on the day ( the last test i did was in high school 10 years ago so i will need to jog my memory again)

Thanks.

2. Jules246

Jules246 New commenter

Hi Chazza88

Sorry I can't be of any help however good luck for tomorrow and hope it goes well for you. I am just in the application stages therefore I have not experienced the interviews as yet.

Good luck and let me know how you get on with it.

Any tips would be gratefully received ;-)

Jules

3. johnkennedy44

johnkennedy44 New commenter

Hi Chazza88,

How did you get on? I've applied for the course as well at the Hamilton Campus but I've not received any offers yet. I can see you had yours back in December. Starting to think it may be a Dear John rejection letter I may receive!

Hope it went well

John

4. CHAZZA88

CHAZZA88 New commenter

Hi johnkennedy44,

I got on really well. I got a conditional offer within 48 hrs. Unfortunately this has been changed to a unsuccessful as i had indicated on my UCAS form that I had higher english - which i thought i had but it turns out i only have communications 4 and i am having to do a crash course on literature 1 in the next few weeks. With this being a pending qualification UWS gave me a unsuccessful and I am hoping that they can offer me another offer if not im still waiting in replies from Dundee, Strathclyde and Aberdeen.

Hopefully you hear back soon. :)

johnkennedy44 likes this.
  5. Potatoes005

Potatoes005 Occasional commenter

I would give advice to anyone on this forum NOT to have their name as their identity on these forums or any forum as schools will be Googling and looking you up on Facebook should you be successful and end up going on to placements and probation in the future.

6. johnkennedy44

johnkennedy44 New commenter

Ok thanks Potatoes005

7. Potatoes005

Potatoes005 Occasional commenter

No problem Barry