1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGDE Primary interview at Glasgow, 2012 intake

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by pcampbel, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,
    I had my interview on Wednesday 11th January for the PGDE Primary course at Glasgow Uni. Just wondering if anyone else who attended the interview has heard back? They did say that we wouldn't hear until all the interviews had been carried out but I was curious to know if they had started to offer out places. I think the last interviews are next week, the 25th January? Anyone got some words of wisdom, I'm finding the waiting game very painful ha ha! Thanks :)

2. Hi everyone,
    I had my interview on Wednesday 11th January for the PGDE Primary course at Glasgow Uni. Just wondering if anyone else who attended the interview has heard back? They did say that we wouldn't hear until all the interviews had been carried out but I was curious to know if they had started to offer out places. I think the last interviews are next week, the 25th January? Anyone got some words of wisdom, I'm finding the waiting game very painful ha ha! Thanks :)

3. Hi, I had my interview on the 11th too (the morning one). The wait is horrible! I remember at the introduction that one of the tutors said they had interviews on the 25th Jan and 1st Feb and we should find out if we got in around the 1st Feb. Hope this helps.
    Also, looking at forums from previous years it seems like they quite often send out decisions late at night (like midnight!) on the last day of interviews which seems quite bizarre but I doubt I'll be sleeping much that night anyway.
    Good luck

4. Hey, yeah the waiting game is not much fun eh! It seems very different this year as previous years they have started letting people know straight away. I suppose its only fair to get all interviews out the way and then make decisions. Mind you, I'm losing the will to live:( Good luck to you too, hope we hear soon

5. Hey I have heard back and am in, hope you have too? I was lucky, and heard back the day after my interview because i was in the last lot of interviewees!

6. Yeah, got in too...heard on Thursday! Delighted.
    Well done! :)

7. you too! anyone interested in flatshare? x

8. Hi all,

I'm applying for PGDE 2013. I haven't been invited yet for an interview but hoping to get as much info as i can.
    How did it go? Do they give you a primary class to teach or do you have to teach the other applicants with you?Do you have to do a written task as part of the interview? any info would be greatly appreciated,