1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

PGDE Places 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by Raith19, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Applying PGDE Moray House , second application. Last year at interview there was a delay in decisions made because the uni was unaware of their target figures for that year.
    Could somebody tell me the organisation/website publishes this information and when decisions regarding these figures are made. The reason i ask is the uni have said they will not be making any offers until they know what thier target figures are for 2012-13.

Thanks

2. Applying PGDE Moray House , second application. Last year at interview there was a delay in decisions made because the uni was unaware of their target figures for that year.
    Could somebody tell me the organisation/website publishes this information and when decisions regarding these figures are made. The reason i ask is the uni have said they will not be making any offers until they know what thier target figures are for 2012-13.

Thanks

3. Looks like there's going to be around 1000 more places for the primary applicants.

http://www.tda.gov.uk/about/latest-announcements/archive/~/media/resources/about/target_letter_2012-13.pdf

4. not that many in Scotland

5. As far as I am aware, the numbers will be the same as they were last year, it's the 2013/14 intake which will be higher.

6. I'm sure I read that it was 2012/13, with 300 extra places for Primary in Scotland. Can't remember where I read that though.
    At my interview in Aberdeen I was told that the University were waiting to hear how many places they could allocate, so there is some uncertainty about when we will be told the results.

7. I can only talk for Strathclyde, but my course co-ordinator told us that 2012/13 intake would be the same as 2011/12 but they are (unbelievably!!!!) expecting a "shortfall" and will be increasing the student primary numbers, despite there being hundreds and hundreds of qualified teachers who can't get work!.

8. The numbers for 2012/13 have now been released, link here: http://www.sfc.ac.uk/web/FILES/Circulars_SFC032012/_SFC_03_2012.pdf

Looks like there are an extra 200 places for Primary and 100 for Secondary across Scotland, as per Mike Russell's recommendation.