1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGDE Jordanhill Languages Interview

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by joanne1907, Jan 27, 2012.

1. I have an interview next week at Jordanhill for a PGDE in modern languages and was wondering if anyone else knew about a presentation. It doesn't say anything about it on the letter but looking back at the forum I know that people have had to give presentations for this course before. I'm a bit worried about that?

Also does anyone know what to expect during the interview? Thanks.

2. I had an interview for maths yesterday at Jordanhill and got in!

We had to give a presentation but were told about it. If you weren't, don't worry you won't have to do it.

The interview was very informal. Got the questions you would expect. What makes a good teacher?, why do you want to teach?, what qualities does a teacher need?

You'll be absolutely fine

3. Well done! Can't believe they told you on the spot. Do you already have your degree? I'm doing my honours year this year and thought it would depend on grades.

4. They didn't tell me on the spot. I got a call about a few hours later.

If I were you I would have a brief read up on the curriculum for excellence. Don't go in to it too much, just the very basics.

5. seebee86

seebee86 New commenter

Hi
    I am not sure about languages interview, but i would suggest that you call university and ask about it specifically, just in case! If you have to do a presentation, try doing it about something you like, it doesnt have to be related to your subject! I did mine on stars last year!
    Good luck with your interview! Hope you will get in :)