1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGDE Interviews Strathclyde

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by KJOHN5, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

I just found out i have an interview for the PGDE Secondary Biology course at Strathclyde and i was wondering if there is anyone out there who is currently doing the course that could advise me about the interview.

I have an idea what i need to know (be it vague) and my presentation is well under construction, but any advice or tips you could give would be most appreciated.

Kel[​IMG]

2. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

I just found out i have an interview for the PGDE Secondary Biology course at Strathclyde and i was wondering if there is anyone out there who is currently doing the course that could advise me about the interview.

I have an idea what i need to know (be it vague) and my presentation is well under construction, but any advice or tips you could give would be most appreciated.

Kel[​IMG]

3. The questions will mostly be about you. They will want to know why you want to be a teacher, what makes you think you will be a good teacher and what you have learned through the experience you have gained. They will want to see that you have an idea about what teaching is really like.
    There will probably be one question about current educational issues - implementation of CfE, AifL etc

4. Hi Kel

If you look through old posts, many people have discussed Strathclyde's interview process (some really good advice was given last year). I have applied for both Strathclyde and UWS. Heard back from UWS within two weeks (interview in Jan) but still awaiting to hear from Strathclyde!!

Good luck - hope you get some great advice!

5. Thanks Big D, you've put my mind at ease

Kel

6. Great MissHopeful, i'll get looking. The best of luck with your interview.

Kel

7. seebee86

seebee86 New commenter

Hi

When i went for my interview, they asked me about why i want to be a teacher? Any teacher who inspired me and why? Some ideas about ICT in the classroom and classroom organisation and cfe!

My advice as a current student of PGDE is to be clear about what you are going to say and there is no need to dig very very deep in cfe, try to grasp the idea instead of reading through all the documents in detail (which i did, and there was no need for that as u will do loads of reading on it when you will join the course)... The whole idea is to see how much interest you have in this field and if you know what is happening around the education system of Scotland! Also AifL is very important, try to do some homework on that as you never know what they will feel like asking on the day!

Good luck with your interview!

Seebee

8. Thanks for this seebee the interview was just as you said, more about getting to know me and how much interest i have in the job. I, like you, turned up a tad over-prepared having pretty much learned the CfE inside out and read screeds of information on AifL and the New Qualifications. It was a great experience none-the-less.
    Thank you