1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGDE English Glasgow - the waiting game!

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by ditavontstop, Mar 3, 2012.

1. I had my interview on Friday (2nd March) and already cannot stand waiting any longer to find out whether I've been accepted or not! I feel like the interview went well - much better than expected. But I am now worrying that I didn't relate my individual interview answers back to my experience well enough and that this might hinder me. I did talk about my current school placement and the fact I'm a youth club leader for Arts+Crafts etc but I felt like I could have or should have said more. We were given a 15 minute time limit though so maybe I did all I could...
    Was anyone else at the same interview as me? Or is there anyone else waiting on a reply or anyone that has already been accepted?
    I'm keeping all my fingers & toes crossed and hoping I get in!!

- Erin.

2. Hi, I had mine yesterday afternoon! I really have no clue how it went, I feel like I just talked too much rubbish. Did they give you any idea how well u got on? I don't think we'll hear until the end of the week earliest.

Katie

3. I was in the morning group. They didn't really give any indication of how well (or not!) I got on. During the group discussion I was sitting nearest the subject leader and I did notice a lot of ticks against my name so I think I did well there. But then again, everyone else seemed to have a lot of ticks too!! I don't think I did any better than the others in my group but I certainly don't feel like I did worse.
    Were there many folk for English in the afternoon slot?

& good luck btw!!

4. They didnt give anything away at ours either, but i know other people that were pretty much told on the day. There was about eight people for English in the afternoon. It's such a ling wait, its horrible. I felt the group exercise went well. I just don't know about the one to one, don't feel I really got the chance to talk about the things I had studied.

Good luck :) x