1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGDE at UHI 2011 - is it going ahead this year?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by CheekyCheek, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm in the process of finishing my application (just found out that they do the course!) but looking for some advice. Apparently it has not been confirmed if this course is even going ahead this year - has anyone heard anything thing? They have also had HEAPS of applications (same old story!)
    The website also doesnt give away much information - any info about the course would be helpful :)
    Thanks!

2. Hi,
    I'm in the process of finishing my application (just found out that they do the course!) but looking for some advice. Apparently it has not been confirmed if this course is even going ahead this year - has anyone heard anything thing? They have also had HEAPS of applications (same old story!)
    The website also doesnt give away much information - any info about the course would be helpful :)
    Thanks!

3. As far as im aware its going ahead, when i was in contact with them in October when applying they never showed any doubt at it not going ahead, however there are only 8 places for Inverness this year! :-(
    Good luck!

4. I dunno when i spoke to UHI on Friday they said that there is a chance it may not go ahead due to funding. But then when i spoke to Strathcylde on Wednesday they never mentioned it!
    I've got a person to contact in Strathcylde so going to give them a call on Monday:)
    Surely they must know if its going ahead since all of the figures have been released?? It seems this whole application thing is just one stress after another!

5. There is no decision to close the UHI link to the Strathclyde PGDE Primary.
    A decision on numbers for 11/12 has yet to be confirmed.
    Anyone interested in applying for a place on the UHI pathway is encouraged to get their application into Strathclyde asap, bearing in mind that preference will be given, as in previous years, to people wishing to pursue the Gaelic pathway in either Stornoway or Inverness.
    Ian Minty, UHI in Stornoway.

6. Thanks Ian
    That has put my mind at rest!