1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE's and clearing

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by SecondEd1, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Are there normally many places available through clearing for a PGCE?

2. Are there normally many places available through clearing for a PGCE?

3. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

Depends on the subject, but to be honest, the chances aren't great. For general primary, there are usually none as providers fill their places in the early part of the year.There's usually still Primary with MFL courses on there though.
    For secondary, there are fewer places for the most popular subjects, i.e. English, History, and more for the least popular, i.e. Maths, MFL. Often providers may only have a vacancy up for a day or so - keep checking every day to see what comes up as I know of someone who obtained a place on a History PGCE this way.
    By the way - if you didn't get into any of your choices, you still have Extra available before clearing where you can add another choice if they still have vacancies. Good luck!

4. If we didnt apply before the 1st december deadline how do we apply for a clearing place?I do actually want to do Primary with MFL, is it best to phone the unis?
    ( Sorry for jumping in on your thread)