1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCEI and gaining work at intl. schools in Spain..

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Mahoneypenny, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Hello everyone,

I am desperately trying to decide whether to do the PGCEi. I've read most threads and am well informed. My question is does anyone know if I'd have a good chance of gaining employment at a decent school in Spain or Australia with the PGCEi? I will have 2 years experience of substantive teaching at a Saudi uni come next summer. Any advice would be great.

many thanks

laura

2. littlestar

littlestar New commenter

Australia is FULL of unemployed teachers. I have just returned.
    they will employ an Aussie teacher over a foreigner. You have no Aussie experience so you will need to find a job as a casual first. networking is key.

3. dkarana

dkarana New commenter

And you will have to be able to explain your faith and which church you go to. Failing which you are out of the list :(
    Sorry to disappoint but have faced it myself. So be prepared for casual work which is very well paid though.

4. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

you may find that locating a "decent school in Spain" is a lot harder than you think !!!!

5. TimeBomb2015

TimeBomb2015 Occasional commenter

Nonsense. Orbital are doing well in the region.

6. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

Why Spain or Australia? If there are reasons for targeting these countries for family reasons or to be there for the long haul then go to the UK, freeze your nuts off in a crappy house share and get a PGCE. Spain wont be a problem and Australia is not impossible. If they are not just examples and you will consider going to a wide range of places then get the PGCEi, apply, and go.