1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE without QTS??

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by jobobaggins, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am currently doing my final teaching practice as part of a PGCE SCITT course, however, I am detesting the teaching, I hate it and after much soul searching I just know that I don't want to this as a full-time career. The thought of completing the four weeks alone has made me so ill that I am currently not able to work.

I would like to know if I would still be able to receive a PGCE without achieving the QTS? I have passed all my assignments, including the M-level ones, but do I have to complete the final placement to achieve the PGCE or is that purely to achieve the QTS?

Thanks for any help!

Jobo

2. Um, surely your course leader has the final say on this? We had a fellow who left in May off of our course. He did not receive either as he did not complete the course, despite doing all the assignments etc....