1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE without QTS -Career and Further Training option???

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by uk343, Jun 4, 2016.

1. uk343

uk343 New commenter

Hi all,
    I am expected to get PGCE , but failed to get QTS because of the Behaviour Management Standard.

For personal reasons, I might not be able to retake the second placement to get QTS for some time.

What will be the career options for me ? In the future, ( may be in 6 months or a year times ) , can I apply to do a placement and get QTS anywhere?

I have passed 1st placement and expected to get a PGCE.

Thank you in advance for your advice !

2. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

You would need to apply for and be accepted for a programme leading to QTS in order to gain QTS. In your position I would be exploring resitting the placement with your current provider - why can you not defer a resit for 6 months or a year?

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

You really need to speak with the Careers Service at your university to discuss your career options and what you can do with your current qualifications. Schools are going to be reluctant to take a chance on you via the school direct training route and once you officially leave the PGCE then there is no longer an option of continuing with the QTS assessment.