1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Survival Guide

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by luismm71, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Hi Tim,

Thanks for your message. I just managed to obtain an e-copy of your guide.

I am a student teacher starting a PGDE in Scotland for secondary schools. Is the guide you wrote mainly directed to primary student teachers?

Thanks and regards

Luis

2. tomhenzley

tomhenzley New commenter

Hi Luis,

The guide is generally applicable to all teacher training routes- primary and secondary PGCE's along with the school based routes too.

As myself, and some of the contributors are Primary trained, some small elements of the guide may not be directly relevant- that said, where there are obvious differences these have been noted, and where possible, secondary perspectives sought (and the same in reverse for a few bits written from a secondary perspective that don't apply to primary students etc) Many secondary trained teachers did contribute, especially to the 140 character tips that are throughout the guide.. Whilst the age range trained to teach are different, many of the experiences the same.

I hope you find the guide useful- I know many of the comments I receive re the guide are from trainees embarking on a secondary PGCE.

Thanks again.

Tim

3. Hi Tim,

Thanks for the message. I am undertaking the PGDE over two years distance learning mode. So I'll have plenty of experiences to tell. I'll keep you posted with any similarities I find from your guide.

Luis