1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE survival guide (free download)

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by RandomGiraffe, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hey, just though I'd mention this in case anyone hasn't seen it already. I downloaded it a few days ago and it's full of advice from professionals from all areas of teaching and is well worth a look. I'm not affiliated with the guide btw, just think it could be very useful for a lot of us on here!

www.pgceguide.com

2. Hey, just though I'd mention this in case anyone hasn't seen it already. I downloaded it a few days ago and it's full of advice from professionals from all areas of teaching and is well worth a look. I'm not affiliated with the guide btw, just think it could be very useful for a lot of us on here!

www.pgceguide.com

3. Thanks for the link. I had heard about this book but could not get hold of a copy anywhere! Shall be placing an order.....!
    Good luck for September.

4. Thank you! This is really helpful, cheers for sharing.

I'm feeling more nervous than ever!! But it's well informed nerves now [​IMG]

5. Free down load? I think so! THANK YOU!

6. Where is the free download, every time I click the link that says free download I end up in the Lulu shop and cannot do anything but buy the book.

7. It's an old post. I suspect it was a time limited offer.

8. Aime

Aime New commenter

http://www.lulu.com/shop/tim-handley/pgce-survival-guide-incorporating-pgcetips/ebook/product-17366151.html

Try that link, i have just downloaded it for free!

9. Thanks Aime! I was looking for this a couple of weeks ago but a lot of links were to websites that were charging for it. Glad I waited now :) Thanks again. Bit of pre-course reading now :p

10. I purchased this book from Amazon and quickly sold it on, was a load of **** compared to other books. It hasn't even been edited correctly with literally handfuls of errors in it!

When it says it has quotes from '#pgcetips' there are a few (from the same people!) almost as if he had his mates do them or people from his course under duress.

There are much much better books out there than this, even forums and blogs provide you with better tips for the pgce year.

The only saving grace of the link is that it is FREE, otherwise don't bother.