1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE stress - Will I get on?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by OfficialRyan, May 12, 2012.

1. OfficialRyan

OfficialRyan New commenter

Hi, I know nobody can answer my question until September comes - but i'm stressing again over my PGCE for primary education.

I'm currently writing my final graded assignment,and I am expecting to graduate with a mid-high 2:2. I have passed my PGCE interviews, which in my eyes makes me a successful candidate.

However, the course I have applied for would like a 2:1. I have been in touch with the provider regarding this, and an academic reference from my year tutor has been sent as a reference for the standard of my work.

I genuinely want this more than I could ever imagine, so at the moment this is a really hard time for me aha. Due to my physical nature and my disability - I am unable to really, work in any other job, (not that I want to of course!) and teaching in my eyes, is just the most rewarding thing I could ever want to have a job in.

I'm just wondering - what would you guys' opinions be on this? Would you be stressing?
    Would you potentially take me on? What more would you be doing between now and results day?

2. OfficialRyan

OfficialRyan New commenter

Hi, I know nobody can answer my question until September comes - but i'm stressing again over my PGCE for primary education.

I'm currently writing my final graded assignment,and I am expecting to graduate with a mid-high 2:2. I have passed my PGCE interviews, which in my eyes makes me a successful candidate.

However, the course I have applied for would like a 2:1. I have been in touch with the provider regarding this, and an academic reference from my year tutor has been sent as a reference for the standard of my work.

I genuinely want this more than I could ever imagine, so at the moment this is a really hard time for me aha. Due to my physical nature and my disability - I am unable to really, work in any other job, (not that I want to of course!) and teaching in my eyes, is just the most rewarding thing I could ever want to have a job in.

I'm just wondering - what would you guys' opinions be on this? Would you be stressing?
    Would you potentially take me on? What more would you be doing between now and results day?