1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Secondary English at University of East London (UEL)

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by NorthernerinLondon, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

Has anyone else applied to do their PGCE Secondary English at UEL? I've been told I'm through to the interview stage. Has anyone had their interview yet? If so, how did it go?

Thanks!

2. Hi everyone,

Has anyone else applied to do their PGCE Secondary English at UEL? I've been told I'm through to the interview stage. Has anyone had their interview yet? If so, how did it go?

Thanks!

3. Good Luck!
    This course is great -the reason being Richard Quarshie who is the sole Course Leader - Oxford grad, very experienced teacher, previously taught at IOE so well known and generally an inspiration! IOE and Kings were my first choices but they were full as I applied so late.- I chose this course as I thought the most important person on your PGCE is your course leader and I made a good choice! The general PGCE lectures at UEL were not fab however - and the library is not great but you can use the IOE library on a day pass. Remember you are not there for most of the time - on the bright side the Cass building is brand new and UEL give you £500 to spend in their bookshop - I bought an applemac! -
    I had to read a Derek Walcott poem and write a response on the day - make sure your grammar and syntax are up to scratch - hope this helps!

4. Hi! I can't believe I missed your message.

I had my interview at the end of March and I got a place! Richard seems great and your glowing recommendation tells me I was right in applying for UEL.

He mentioned we get a substantial bursary to spend in the shop, I assumed it'd be £100 or something. I can't wait to buy a whole load of books!

Where did you stay? I'm probably going to live in halls.

Thank you so much. I was already excited but you've just doubled the excitement!