1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Secondary Business Education interview at the University Of Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by grholden, Apr 23, 2009.

1. grholden

grholden New commenter

Hello all,
    New to the forum.
    I have my interview for the above next Tuesday and just wondered if anyone out there could offer words of advice, or share experiences of interviews at the University.
    I actually graduated from the same University about 8 / 9 years ago now, with a degree in Marketing, Retailing and Distribution. Since then, I enjoyed 6 / 7 years as a successful self-employed dance music producer / DJ / promoter; more recently heading into a year and a half as an estate agent.
    I am extremely keen to land a place on the course, but know that they are VERY limited and fear that my application being rejected by MMU (they felt initially that I was too far away geographically) may have lead to my application reaching Huddersfield a little late.
    I am told that I will have an interview with the course tutor first, then a group interview with a practising teacher, then written tasks (I have enquired about these and am told they'll involve literacy and business studies subject knowledge).
    Obviously, I am about to dig deep into my original University notes, brush up as a whole with guides such as GCSE Bitesize, take a look over the GCSE Business Studies content etc.
    Am I correct in thinking that Business Studies is not taught at KS 1, 2,3 or 4? It certainly looks that way from the website.
    If anyone can offer ANY words of advice, no matter how big or small, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    Gary

2. Hi Gary,
    I read your profile and saw you are now a succesful teacher congratulations on your success. That is my dream and i have my interview for Business Education at The University of Huddersfield in two weeks. I was wondering if you could give me some advice. This is my last choice so i really am scared. Please if you could help me it really would be appreciated. Thank You