1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE/SCITT Manchester/North West with a 2:2 degree

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by KylerS, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

I'd just like to ask if anyone has been successful in being accepted on to a Primary PGCE/SCITT in the Manchester area with a 2:2 in their first degree?

So far, I'm not having much luck, despite leaving full time work to volunteer in a school. Having been in contact with Liverpool, Manchester and Chester, I'm not sure if I should apply to these institutions and risk missing out on other places while I wait to hear that I've been unsuccessful (again).

I believe my best chances at the moment are with Edge Hill (although still a fair drive from Manchester) and a part time pathway with my local college (run by Liverpool Hope), but I'd really like to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position, as I am unsure which direction to take :)

Thanks in advance for any help, and good luck to everyone with their applications!

2. Hi everyone,

I'd just like to ask if anyone has been successful in being accepted on to a Primary PGCE/SCITT in the Manchester area with a 2:2 in their first degree?

So far, I'm not having much luck, despite leaving full time work to volunteer in a school. Having been in contact with Liverpool, Manchester and Chester, I'm not sure if I should apply to these institutions and risk missing out on other places while I wait to hear that I've been unsuccessful (again).

I believe my best chances at the moment are with Edge Hill (although still a fair drive from Manchester) and a part time pathway with my local college (run by Liverpool Hope), but I'd really like to hear from anyone who has been in a similar position, as I am unsure which direction to take :)

Thanks in advance for any help, and good luck to everyone with their applications!