1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE School based interview - group activity

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by charlotte_allen2015, Nov 18, 2018.

1. charlotte_allen2015

charlotte_allen2015 New commenter

Hi,

I have been invited to an interview in about 3 weeks time for school-based PGCE training.:eek:

I am trying to plan for the group activity part of the interview where I have to do a 10 minute group activity with a book. I don't know the age group it will be so need to plan for key stage 1 and key stage 2. - This makes it very daunting in my opinion. I would feel better knowing the age group im planning for but oh well.

My idea so far is The Three little pigs - the classic story for KS1 and The True story of the 3 little pigs for KS2.

KS1 - using a story box - with props inside

KS2 - discussion on points of view, 2 sides to a story etc, focus on vocabulary etc?

This is just my initial idea, still needs development. Im wondering if anybody can offer any advise or suggestions? Is this even a good idea?

Please help?

Many Thanks
    :)

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The other information you need to know is the overall size of the group? You need this for resources. You should also plan for varying levels of response and engagement. Some will need more information than others some will need a prompt. Use plenty of visual stimulus. Use pairing and smaller groups in the activities as well such as moving from working in pairs to larger numbers.
    Good luck

3. charlotte_allen2015

charlotte_allen2015 New commenter

Thank you for your advice.

I will only have 10 minutes so need to keep it simple as possible I think but will definitely need to consider varying levels.