1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Research Project- your opinions needed!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Travellerteacher, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Hi all, I am hoping that some of you will be interested in helping me with my research project!
    I <font size="3" face="Calibri">am a final year Sociology research student, and I am currently working towards my dissertation.</font> <font size="3" face="Calibri">I have chosen carry out research into the reasons and motivations for teaching amongst male PGCE students, which I am sure will be of interest and relevance to you, your course and future careers. This topic is also particularly relevant in a time where a growing body of research has been generated suggesting there are a shortage of male teachers entering the primary sector. </font>I would therefore by very grateful to anyone who would like to share their personal reasons/experiences on why they chose to take a PGCE primary/secondary programme. I would be interested to learn why you choose to enter either the primary or secondary sector over the other, and your general insights into teaching motivations overall.
    Many thanks in advance! :)

2. Hi all, I am hoping that some of you will be interested in helping me with my research project!
    I <font size="3" face="Calibri">am a final year Sociology research student, and I am currently working towards my dissertation.</font> <font size="3" face="Calibri">I have chosen carry out research into the reasons and motivations for teaching amongst male PGCE students, which I am sure will be of interest and relevance to you, your course and future careers. This topic is also particularly relevant in a time where a growing body of research has been generated suggesting there are a shortage of male teachers entering the primary sector. </font>I would therefore by very grateful to anyone who would like to share their personal reasons/experiences on why they chose to take a PGCE primary/secondary programme. I would be interested to learn why you choose to enter either the primary or secondary sector over the other, and your general insights into teaching motivations overall.
    Many thanks in advance! :)