1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE RE Interview

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by rebeckyhead, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hello,
    Im very worried about my interview next month to start PGCE RE. Ive been reading through the forums trying to see what to expect on the day, however, I still have a couple of unanwsered questions.
    Are we tested on both maths and English? what is on the test?
    Also, what does the group interview consist of?
    The information ive recieved didnt really go into much detail about either of these, only in the individual interview.
    Please help.
    Thank You

2. Hello,
    Im very worried about my interview next month to start PGCE RE. Ive been reading through the forums trying to see what to expect on the day, however, I still have a couple of unanwsered questions.
    Are we tested on both maths and English? what is on the test?
    Also, what does the group interview consist of?
    The information ive recieved didnt really go into much detail about either of these, only in the individual interview.
    Please help.
    Thank You

3. Hi there,
    I am currently studying for my PGCE in R.E so was in your position this time last year! Firstly, don't worry... I was really worried about my interview too, but there's nothing to get worked up about.

I doubt very much if you'll be tested on your maths or english on the day. There are skills test (english, maths and ict) that teachers have to pass in order to qualify but these aren't done at the interview, you can take them at any time during your PGCE year.

In my interview there was a group discussion, where we were asked how we would react to a parent who wanted to with-draw their child from R.E (of which they can, as it is a legal thing parents can still do).

We were then asked to write a short essay (where I guess they are looking out for english etc) about what we thought the aims of R.E were.

In my interview I was asked why I wanted to be an R.E teacher and to talk about an R.E related topic that I'd read in the news (so read the Guardian before you go!!)

It's really not as bad as you would imagine, just be yourself and show that you have a passion for the subject.

Hope that helps x

4. thankyou!
    just reading up on the english bac now, you've set my mind at rest.