1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary - Tech advice - Laptop or Notebook?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by pillybob, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hi there - I start my PGCE primary next month and am planning on getting either a laptop or a notebook. I figure that it'll be good to have one for the spare moments I have between things so I can do some planning or reading as well as for use in classes if the schools I go to allow me to use my own computer.
    I already have a fairly decent desktop pc at home, so basically my question is whether anyone tech-minded can advise me on if I should get a notebook or a laptop. My budget is up to about £300, and it seems like although notebooks are cheaper, I could just spend an extra £100 or so on top of a notebook cost and get a decent laptop. Does anyone have any advice? It's a bit overwhelming looking online at them as there are so many with so many different specs and it would be good to get some advice that keeps in mind the specifics of using them as a teacher and things they would need to do in a classroom.

2. Hi there - I start my PGCE primary next month and am planning on getting either a laptop or a notebook. I figure that it'll be good to have one for the spare moments I have between things so I can do some planning or reading as well as for use in classes if the schools I go to allow me to use my own computer.
    I already have a fairly decent desktop pc at home, so basically my question is whether anyone tech-minded can advise me on if I should get a notebook or a laptop. My budget is up to about £300, and it seems like although notebooks are cheaper, I could just spend an extra £100 or so on top of a notebook cost and get a decent laptop. Does anyone have any advice? It's a bit overwhelming looking online at them as there are so many with so many different specs and it would be good to get some advice that keeps in mind the specifics of using them as a teacher and things they would need to do in a classroom.