1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary Lesson Plan for Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by imi786, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Hi, I have been asked to prepare a lesson plan and be prepared to talk about it for 5 mins during my interview.I will be assessed on these 4 areas:1.Imi[​IMG]

2. Hi, I have been asked to prepare a lesson plan and be prepared to talk about it for 5 mins during my interview.I will be assessed on these 4 areas:1.Imi[​IMG]

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

From the sounds of it, the subject you choose isn't particularly important - what's important is how you plan to teach it to the class. You could pick monkey poo if you came up with convincing enough reasons for doing so, engaging activities and sensible ways of judging the children's learning! Picking something you find interesting is probably a good idea, as it'll make you sound enthusiastic when you're talking about it during the interview. Good luck planning!

4. I agree, the subject isn't the most important thing but it is your starting point for planning the lesson so at least you now have one!!
    Just make sure that the activities will blow their socks off now!