1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary Interview tips

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by sdaisley1, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Evening all

I'm having my PGCE Primary interview next week, any tips from those who have already had their Primary interviews???

2. where are you applying?

3. Relax, it's not as bad as you think it is!
    Remember why you want to do it and make sure they know this, but don't gush and be cheesy as it'll look false!
    Make sure you know the current issues in education, read the TES and look on the BBC News education, but don't spend forever learning the ins and outs, I spent hours and hours reading all sorts of government documents and wasn't asked one question about anything even remotely linked to it all!!
    Have a good nights sleep the night before, I couldn't switch off at all and ended up only having around 45 minutes, I got my place but I think I was running on adrenaline all day!
    Good luck to you!

4. Hi
    I put a post on here about 6 months ago with feedback from my PGCE interview at Kingston Uni. Should still be around somewhere..!
    Clive

5. Providing it's not too late.... (good luck if you have already had it)

Read up on any current issues (BBC and here are good for that), think about your opinions on them, even if you don't have a specific idea it's good to be able to show that you are aware of what is going on and how you think it will affect you/the children.

Think of WHY you want to be a teacher, sounds obvious - but in my interview years ago people couldn't verbalise a reason they wanted to get into the career... this didn't go down too well, needless to say they didn't get in!