1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary Interview helpppp!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by FarhaP, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have an Primary PGCE interview coming up and needed some help on the types of issues that teachers may face in inner-city schools; I currently have behaviour, EAL, SEN, attendance as typical issues but im not sure if im on the right track?
    I have also been asked to look into the role of teachers and children's learning but that seems very vague and im not too sure what I should be looking into exactly... along with the principles that underline successful training and learning at KS1 and KS2... [​IMG]
    Help would be much appreciated.

2. Hi all,
    I have an Primary PGCE interview coming up and needed some help on the types of issues that teachers may face in inner-city schools; I currently have behaviour, EAL, SEN, attendance as typical issues but im not sure if im on the right track?
    I have also been asked to look into the role of teachers and children's learning but that seems very vague and im not too sure what I should be looking into exactly... along with the principles that underline successful training and learning at KS1 and KS2... [​IMG]
    Help would be much appreciated.

3. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Have you considered issues for city schools outside the classroom? Lack of open space, possibly no playing field at all? What are your ideas for how you'd approach outdoor learning, sports, or a school veg garden?
    Also, turn it on its head - what are the positives of being in a city school? Easy access to facilities like museums, art galleries, theatres and different places of worship without lengthy (and expensive!) journeys. Greater diversity of intake and access to other cultures.

4. StaceE_88

StaceE_88 New commenter

A big one to talk about is all of the cuts that are happening, including the huge cut in sport funding (I think it was £162 or 4 million), that having a wider impact on health and behaviour. Maybe large class sizes and all the difficulties that could bring, such as differentiation and behaviour.

The second part sounds like it's looking at what your role is as a teacher, so you could talk about things like creating a learning environment in which your children can flourish and have the confidence to learn ect. Use examples too, such as turning your classroom into a crime scene. A good website to look at too is the national curriculum website, it has lots of useful stuff on there about the aims and values of the curriculum which could be helpful.

Good luck!

5. Thank you for all your help girlies!
    Im sooooo stressed out, theres tooo much information to take in and theres only so much my brain can take! I feel like my chance of getting onto the course is VERY slim due to my lack of experience! [​IMG]