1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary interview at Uni of Bedfordshire

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by anon2145, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hi all
    I have one of these on 23rd March - just wondering if anyone else did - and what you are doing to prepare ? At what level do you think the numeracy tests will be - I am not brilliant at maths - have done some revision but still worrying !
    I am also struggling to think of current "hot" topics within eduation - I am covering academies and free schools - but wondered if there was anything else anyone could think of.
    I am trying to get a feel for how many places they will have - I applied late (in January - after being rejected for GTP) and I kind of feel like most of their places will have already been filled. I do have lots of experience in schools having helped in my children's classes for years and currently work as a lunchtime supervisor - but none of this seemed to count for much when I did my GTP application !
    Just would be nice to hear from anyone thinking of studying at Uni of Beds.

2. Hii, I haven't had an interview at Bedford, but I did apply. However, I had one at Northampton and the numeracy test was really simple I though. They just kinda ask 'what is 20% of this number' or 'what's the next number in the sequence'

I dont know if it is the same at every Uni but that's what we got :)

Also at my interview, they spoke about the lack of male teachers in school and why we thought that was, and also about newly qualified teachers quitting the profession within 5 years of qualifying. That might be something to think about too?

I dont know if I've been any help, but good luck! x