1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary interview at Southampton- some help please!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by tdow, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Well here I am again, getting ready for another interview and trying to get my head around what to prepare for my primary interview at Southampton University. has any one had one already, can anyone give me some tips?
    Is there a spelling test?
    What was the maths test like?
    What was the English test like?

My letter says ' prepare a 5 minute presentation, using a resource to explore and reflect a current educational issue.' Any suggestions on what resources I could use, (it can't be ICT)?
    Any suggestions on what educational issues are 'hot' right now?

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECIEVED. I HAVE A LOT OF RESEARCH TO DO AND ANY POINTERS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION COULD SAVE ME A LOT OF TIME.

THANKS Tim

2. SEAL - Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning is big.

3. I had an interview before Chrismas for Southampton General Primary.

It was quite relaxed and all of the interviewers and other interviewees were really friendly. There was a range of "rresources", mainly handouts.

I don't want to give too much away as I had no "tips" before mine and I think everyone should have an equal chance. But what I will say is that it wasnt half as scary as i thought it was going to be and I was offered a place a week later!! :)