1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary interview at Cambridge

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by EcoLady, Jun 15, 2011.

1. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

It wouldn't be fair to tell you in advance exactly what goes on at the interviews ... but I will say that they try very hard to make it as relaxed as possible and give everyone the chance to be themselves. I rather enjoyed mine and got in.
    There are two group activities, in which you'll be in small sub-groups. You give your two minute presentation to a sub-group as well. The sub-groups are mixed up each time.
    The group activites & presentations happen first, then you settle down to the written task, during which you each go off for the individual interviews.
    Then there's a quick wash-up at the end and you all go home.
    Talking to the others afterwards, it did seem a common theme that the interview picked out what your weaknesses were. For example, I come from a strong science background, so I was grilled on how creative I was and whether I knew anything about literature. Another candidate was doing a degree in theology, so she was grilled on her science skills.
    They want to see you do your best and shine where you can. Don't be nervous, just be yourself.
    Good luck!

2. Thanks for the response has sort of put my mind at rest.