1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary interview at Birmingham City University

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by kirannaz786, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Hey guys, does any one else have an upcoming interview with this institution? Mine is on the 11th of January, just wondering what sort of preparation people are doing? To applicants who had an interview what was the day like in particular the maths test? Can you give me any tips? What sort of questions did the interviwer ask and what current educational issue did you talk and write about. Any replies would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance :) :) :)

2. Hi, I have my PGCE interview with BCU on 23rd Feb !!!
    Hope your interview went well. Is it possible for you to suggest me a few interview tips?
    What current contemporary issue did you talk about. I would really appreciate any suggestions !
    Thanks a million in advance :)

3. I had mine last week, try not to worry too much as it's really not a bad day. The maths test was correcting a mock test paper, brush up on averages, fractions etc.
    I researched the proposal of scrapping the current ICT curriculum as my issue.
    The interview was ok, bit like a general chat, asking questions about my degree & how it relates to primary education, whi do I want to teach etc ....
    Good luck!