1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary Interview at Bedford Univeristy

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by littlest4r, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Hmm I thought I replied to this, seems my reply didn't come through. I've just completed my pgce in july from there. It was all fine, we had an english and maths test (nothing too taxing, basic maths and data handling, then reading for meaning style english test), we also had individual interviews which were quite relaxed, and a group discussion. We were given a few topics in groups of about 7 or 8, and had to debate them. Only advice I can give is to listen to others, respect their opinions, ask people who haven't said anything to give their opinion, and offer yours. Make sure everyone has their say and is listened to and you'll be fine. Good luck!

2. I have my interview at Bedford for a PGCE in Early Years in a couple weeks, i'm worried about the maths and english tests mostly, what are the types of questions that will come up and are there any topics that will definitely come up? Is it as easy as people make out? I haven't done detailed maths in a while (Pushin 5 years! - Isn't it bad the way we never use any maths that we revised for years to do GCSE's) so i'm worried.
    Any points will be greatly received pleaseeeee!