1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary - Greenwich Uni 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by MathsWhizz91, Dec 8, 2011.

1. MathsWhizz91

MathsWhizz91 New commenter

Hi guys!!
    I received my conditional offer in the post yesterday morning; was told that I was in the first batch of interviews for the year, so I am hoping that my offer will be confirmed pretty quickly due to the TDA funding etc etc :)
    Anyone else been offered a place and starting the PGCE next year? *FIngers Crossed*
    Dan xxx

2. MathsWhizz91

Hi guys!!
    I received my conditional offer in the post yesterday morning; was told that I was in the first batch of interviews for the year, so I am hoping that my offer will be confirmed pretty quickly due to the TDA funding etc etc :)
    Anyone else been offered a place and starting the PGCE next year? *FIngers Crossed*
    Dan xxx

3. Oh nooo, I was one of the people at the first batch to be interviewed, I have not been contacted yet!!! Really nervous now! Well done to you though for getting a conditional offer :)

4. MathsWhizz91

Ahh whats your name? Might remember you hehe!
    Awww I got my letter Wednesday in the post; saying that I had been successful at interview and would like to offer e a conditional offer which is still provisional at this point until they get their placements confirmed by the TDA.
    I'm sure you'll be fine and will get your letter soon :)
    xx

5. My names April, I don't think you were in my group. I'm not so sure, I struggled with the maths test even though it was very basic,I thought everything else went fine just the maths :( I'm going to wait until next week and if I haven't heard, I think I'll ring them up. Do you know of anyone else who has recieved the same letter as you have????

6. MathsWhizz91

Aww No I dont think I was- I had to do the assessments first and then the interviews afterwards.
    Oh really? Funnily enough, the maths test was the easiest part for me- I'm a maths geek though :p I thought the essay was the tricky part hehe!
    Nope, not heard of anyone else having one yet; dont have anyone from the interview day's contacts etc.
    Am sure you will hear soon- if you dont hear back by tomorrow, I'd call them because they said it would be by 2 weeks time
    xx

7. I had my interview first and then the dreaded assesment. I will do, I just hope I do get an offer!!! Do you think they would reject somebody because of the maths test??? Just out of curiosity what was your second choice?

8. MathsWhizz91

London South Bank was my 2nd choice :)
    Erm, well, someone did ask the lady who did our interview about the maths test, and I think she said that we do need to get a 7/10 to get an offer...
    xx

9. Just opened my letter, I knew it...didn't get offered a place! Well gutted but I suppose it wasn't meant to be! Good luck to you though, it was nice to talk x

10. MathsWhizz91

Ahhh sorry to hear that :-( What is your 2nd choice?
    xx