1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary - Found out today rejected.

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by AlisonRR, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Hi

I found out from the GTTR website that I have been rejected. I applied to Edge Hill.

Can anyone help me please. Do you get a letter or any kind of feedback as to the reason for the rejection.

I am totally gutted, I have a First Class Degree and did 2 terms as 2 different schools volunteering. I worked in Financial Services for 20+ years up to management level. My personal statement was checked over by my tutor who said it was fantastic.

Just would like a reason why I didn't get a chance to show my skills at interview.

Thanks

2. Hi Alison, I got rejected by Edge Hill before interview too. I am an HLTA with 12 years experience working in schools from years 0-11, including outstanding schools, failing schools and pupils referral units, I have a good degree and fantastic references from every place I have worked. I did eventually get some feedback to say I wan't as good as the other candidates. When I questioned this they said that actually I just hadn't shown enough of what I'd done in my application. I had thought I had done enough to get an interview and would get to show my skills later, but that was not to be. My colleagues were all gobsmacked as they think I am fantastic!
    I hadn't applied anywhere else and was in shock for a while. Then I phoned the University of Cumbria (way after the closing date by this point), and judging me on the same application, they invited me for interview and gave me a place on a shorter route course.
    I was gutted at the time, but this has worked out much better for me, so has been a blessing in disguise really. Good wishes, Jill