1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary Early years

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by nat1958, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hey Claire, I am not sure, what is your degree? if it had elements of say maths or another NC subject then it might be ok. I would say get as much experience as you can with children. I just had my interview for lower primary (3-7yrs) PGCE - 19th Jan and I am waiting to hear at the moment [​IMG] Hope this helps!

2. Hi Nat1958
    My degree is in Tourism Management which is not the best degree i know. Hence trying to get as much experience as i can in primary schools etc. I have done a 2 week placement in a local primary school with Years 2 and 3. I work in a high school at the moment so i am struggling to get the time off school, the experience i feel is vital to me. I do volunteer at Rainbows/Brownies as well as doing after school clubs and holiday clubs.

Claire x

3. Many thanks for the links. I'll have a look at them

Claire

4. Thats ok Claire, try the second link (it is for the same site, not sure the 1st one works). You sound like you're getting lots of different experiences with children which is good. I think that is another thing; experiences with different schools/settings not just one, as each is different. I think speaking to someone at the event thing or the tda, maybe you could e-mail or call. There is a teaching line you can call for advice, they would answer you question. http://www.tda.gov.uk/Home/get-into-teaching/faqs/teaching-information-line.aspx have a look, the number is here. That might save you a daytrip! I am sure you would be able to teach with that degree, as Primary is general anyway, teaching wise, so is different to Secondary where you need to be an expert in your subject. Good luck! [​IMG]

5. Thank you very much. I so want to teach and i have gone that extra mile to make sure that it is the right decision for me. Many thanks for your help and advice.

Good luck with your application Claire x

6. That's ok Claire, I know the feeling, I really want to teach too! Good luck with everything. Thanks, I hope I will hear that "we would like to offer you a place" really soon [​IMG] Nat x