1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Primary Derby University Sept 2011

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by tracybrown1, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    Anyone out there doing PGCE Primary at Derby in September? I am excited but very nervous! Have been reading through things we should be doing before September and feel a little overwhelmed as I've not looked at anything for ages! Going to make a start this week.
    Tracy.

2. Hello,
    I am starting the PGCE Primary course at Derby in September myself. I haven't started any of the reading or done much really as I originally applied for the 3-7 strand but got offered the 5-11 only a week or so ago! I have arranged myself a placement at a school in KS2 after the half term which will be the first time i've been in this age group as have always been interested in early years. Don't feel overwhelmed as everything will be gone through when we start the course and i'm sure there'll be lots of information on the induction (July 1st) to make you feel at ease. Personally i'm more nervous about going into a school than the reading side of things. I'm sure you'll be great, you wouldn't have been offered the place if you haven't proved yourself to be competent and able to complete everything.
    Have a glass of wine or two and stop worrying. :)
    Adam x

3. Hi guys!
    I'll be starting the PGCE Primary 3-7 course at Derby in September too. I've got a few books but not read them yet as I've only just finished my Uni work! Look forward to seeing you there.
    Lou x