1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PGCE Placement Needed

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by rosstaliana, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

I have get an offer for the part time PCET course at the Univeristy of East London BUT only on the condition I find my own placement.
    I have until 9th September to do so. I need a position teaching media, ideally the BTEC Media Production as I am experienced in film and TV production... In fact I am writing this whilst working on a new Channel 4 documentary!

Im based in SE London but am happy to go anywhere in London if need be. Obviously I am trying to contact colleges near to me but no one is in to pick up the phone at this time of year! grrr! If anyone knows a college that would be willing to take on a trainee teacher that would be ace.

I need to have 50 hrs a year which is only 2.5 hrs a week! sorry for the really rushed message but I need to get back to work thanks to anyone that read this/ helps

Thanks
    Ross Taliana
    rosstaliana@googlemail.com

2. Hi everyone,

I have get an offer for the part time PCET course at the Univeristy of East London BUT only on the condition I find my own placement.
    I have until 9th September to do so. I need a position teaching media, ideally the BTEC Media Production as I am experienced in film and TV production... In fact I am writing this whilst working on a new Channel 4 documentary!

Im based in SE London but am happy to go anywhere in London if need be. Obviously I am trying to contact colleges near to me but no one is in to pick up the phone at this time of year! grrr! If anyone knows a college that would be willing to take on a trainee teacher that would be ace.

I need to have 50 hrs a year which is only 2.5 hrs a week! sorry for the really rushed message but I need to get back to work thanks to anyone that read this/ helps

Thanks
    Ross Taliana
    rosstaliana@googlemail.com

3. Hi,
    Your best bet might be to try Sixth Form Colleges or FE Colleges. A lot of them will offer courses like BTEC and Creative Media Diploma, and they may possibly be more flexible about the hours than a school. I hope this helps.
    Hope the documentary making goes well [​IMG]

4. Thanks for the help.
    I was just ringing a few colleges and they are not open yet... emails sent and I will call again tomorrow!

Thanks again Ross